Orange Poppy Seed Cake
An easy cake recipe that is full of delicious zesty orange flavour, with the subtle crunch of poppy seeds. Prepared using the Magimix Cook Expert Food Processor.
- 1 orange, quartered, pips removed
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 eggs
- 460g caster sugar
- 250g butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 300g SR flour
- 20g poppy seeds
- 60g shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place orange, zest, eggs, caster sugar and butter in the large food processor bowl. Mix for 20 seconds, speed 13. Add SR flour and poppy seeds. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 13.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 70-80 minutes. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.
- Toast coconut in a dry frying pan over medium heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle over cooled cake and serve.