Apple Teacake Muffins
I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of apple flavoured anything, but these babies are so mildly “appley” (that’s a word, right?) that I LOVE them. So moist, and with just the right amount of cinnamon they are a winner. They also freeze really well, so are perfect for the school/work lunchbox grab. All prepared in your Magimix Cook Expert.
- 2 apples, cores removed
- 50g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 175 ml milk
- 120g brown sugar
- 225g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs brown sugar, extra
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, extra
- Preheat oven 180 degrees.
- Place apples, butter, egg, milk, sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla in the large food processor bowl.
- 5 seconds / speed 13. Scrape down the sides.
- 10 seconds / speed 13. Pour into muffin wrappers or patty pans.
- Combine extra cinnamon and brown sugar together and sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.