I love the smell of almonds baking. These dense, chewy biscuits are just delicious. The perfect gluten free treat to enjoy with a cuppa.
- 500g raw almonds
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 3-4 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- glace cherries and almonds to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place almonds in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 18 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Stop to scrape down the sides if needed to ensure all the almond is milled.
- Add sugars, 3 egg whites and vanilla. Run the PASTRY / BAKE program, stopping scrape down the sides if needed. Use the extra egg white if mixture isn’t coming together, or is a little dry.
- Roll into walnut sized balls, place on a baking tray and press a glace cherry of almond into the centre.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden.