Easy Thai Red Curry with Pulled Chicken
A super easy, veggie-packed chicken curry recipe. Add as much (or little) red curry paste as you like. This makes up a large batch to either feed a crowd, or freeze the leftovers for another time. All made in your Magimix Cook Expert.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbs virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 2-4 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs vegetable stock paste
- 1 tbs brown sugar/palm sugar
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 140g green beans, chopped
- 400g tin pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 bunch coriander, washed and chopped
- brown rice basmati, to serve
- toasted cashews, to serve
- Place 500ml water in the thermal bowl. Insert the steaming basket and place chicken inside. Run the STEAM program for 25 minutes.
- Remove the steaming basket, dispose of the liquid. Place one chicken breast in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 5 seconds / speed 12 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Repeat with remaining chicken breast. Set chicken aside (Click here for a quick video on how to do this).
- Without washing the thermal bowl, place onions and garlic in the bowl. EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Scrape down the sides. Add olive oil. EXPERT / 8 minutes / speed 3 / 100 degrees / cap OFF.
- Add ginger and red curry paste. EXPERT / 2 minutes / speed 3 / 100 degrees / cap OFF.
- Add tomatoes, coconut cream, soy sauce, fish sauce, vegetable stock paste, sugar, capsicum, zucchini, carrot, beans and pineapple. EXPERT / 30 minutes / 1A / 110 degrees / cap ON.
- Add pulled chicken and coriander. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 3 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Let curry sit in the thermal bowl for 10 minutes before serving with rice and a sprinkling of cashews.