Red Rice with Zoodles and Wraps
What a recipe combination: smokey red rice, crunchy zoodles and garlicky hummus. The perfect simple lunch or dinner. Beats take-away any day! You can also use this red rice in many other ways – add some black beans and cumin and you have Mexican, add some chopped chorizo and you have Spanish. All made in your Magimix Cook Expert.
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs virgin olive oil
- 170 g basmati rice
- 50 g tomato paste
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- black pepper
- 50 g vegetable stock paste
- 500 ml just boiled water
- 4 wraps
- 1/2 cup hommus
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or peeled into long ribbons
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Place onion and garlic in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 10 seconds / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Scrape down sides. Add oil. EXPERT / 10 minutes / speed 3 / 110 degrees / cap OFF. Scrape down sides.
- Add basmati rice, tomato paste, brown sugar, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, vegetable stock paste and just-boiled water. EXPERT / 25 minutes / speed 1A / 95 degrees / cap ON. Let rice rest in the thermal bowl for 15 minutes before serving.
- Spread wraps with hummus, top with red rice, zucchini zoodles and grated cheese. Fold in half and enjoy.
Recipe by Danielle Thurlow from www.mycookexpert.com.au