Thanks SO MUCH everyone, the response to my new book “Sweet Things” has been amazing. It’s clear that many of you love your cakes and desserts as much as I do. To celebrate, here’s a new free recipe, and my gosh it is SO GOOD! I even caught my husband having a slice for “breakfast” this morning! Enjoy. Dx.
Melt & Mix White Chocolate & Raspberry Mudcake
I love this cake so much. White chocolate and raspberries, it’s a match made in heaven. The sweetness of the most divine and dense mudcake ever, balanced with the delicious tartness from the raspberries. I promise you’ll love it too.
- 200g white chocolate
- 250g butter, roughly chopped
- 400g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 180g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced). Line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper, including a collar that reaches a few centimetres above the rim of the tin.
- Place white chocolate in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 18 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Add butter. EXPERT / 5 minutes / speed 3 / 80 degrees / cap ON. Or until melted together.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 8 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Add plain flour and self-raising flour. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Stop to scrape down sides during mixing if needed.
- Gently fold through the raspberries and pour mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake for around 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a skewer poked into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from tin.