Italian Chicken Bake
So simple. So tasty. This is a family favourite in our house.
- 120g block parmesan cheese, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 onions, halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 40g virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 140g tomato paste
- 3 tbs vegetable stock paste
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white wine
- 700g passata
- 230g basmati rice
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place parmesan in the thermal bowl. Mix on speed 18 until finely milled. Set aside.
- Pour 500ml water into the thermal bowl. Insert the internal steaming basket. Add chicken breasts. Run the STEAM program for 25 minutes. Discard water. Place 1 chicken breast in thermal bowl. EXPERT / 5 seconds / speed 12 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Remove shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl and repeat with remaining chicken. Remove and set aside.
- Without cleaning the thermal bowl, add onions and garlic. EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Scrape down the sides.
- Add oil. EXPERT / 6 minutes / speed 3 / 120 degrees / cap OFF.
- Add rosemary, tomato paste, vegetable stock paste, water, wine, passata, rice and black pepper. EXPERT / 10 minutes / speed 3 / 110 degrees / cap ON.
- Spread chicken over the base of a baking dish. Pour over tomato mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 30 minutes until rice is cooked and parmesan is golden.