Black Rice Salad
A fresh and vibrant salad full of healthy ingredients and a whole lot of flavour. While Maggie is cooking the black rice and vegetables you can prepare the salad dressing and dry roast the seeds. Too easy!
- 160g black rice
- 500g pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g broccolini
- 30g pepita seeds
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 40g currants
- 40 virgin olive oil
- 40g lemon juice
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill the thermal bowl with 1 litre of just-boiled water. Add the black rice and run the STEAM program for 15 minutes. Insert the internal steaming basket and add the pumpkin. Run the STEAM program for 15 minutes. Add broccolini on top of pumpkin and STEAM for another 5 minutes. Remove vegetables, drain rice and set aside to cool.
- Place the pepita and sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan and toast over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Place the currants, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, salt and pepper in an empty jam jar and shake to combine.
- Plate up salad by arranging black rice on a serving platter. Top with pumpkin and broccolini. Spoon over the salad dressing and sprinkle with the toasted seeds.