Chocolate Caramel Slice
A classic slice that has stood the test of time. Chewy base, gooey-rich caramel centre, topped with dark chocolate. What’s not to love? I’ve also just made the caramel portion of this recipe and used it as a sauce on cakes and over ice-cream. Enjoy!
- 160 g butter, roughly chopped
- 120 g brown sugar
- 120 g wholemeal plain flour
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 395 g can condensed milk
- 40 g golden syrup
- 200 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 20 g coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a lamington pan with baking paper.
- Weigh 120g of the butter into the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 3 / 95 degrees / cap ON, or until melted.
- Add brown sugar, flour and coconut. EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 7 / 0 degrees / cap ON, or well combined. Press into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Place remaining butter, condensed milk and golden syrup in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 10-15 minutes / speed 6 / 120 degrees / cap OFF, until golden. Pour over the cooked base, smooth out and bake for 12 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare topping by placing the chocolate in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 18 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Add coconut oil. EXPERT / 2 minutes / speed 3 / 80 degrees / cap ON, or until melted together. Pour over caramel, smooth out and place in the fridge to set. Cut into squares to serve. Store in the fridge.
Recipe Credit: www.mycookexpert.com.au