Pumpkin and Bacon Freeform Tart
I love the rustic look of this tart. Loaded up with my favourite vegetable, plus caramelised onions and salty bacon. This recipe makes 2 tarts.
- 300g pumpkin
- 3 onions, halved
- 40g virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 200g bacon, diced
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 80g haloumi, crumbled
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Install the E/S2 slicing disc in the food processor and slice the pumpkin. Remove and set aside. Use the same disc to slice the onions.
- Place sliced onions and olive oil in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 20-25 minutes / speed 2A / 140 degrees / cap OFF until nicely caramelised.
- Add thyme, bacon and pumpkin. EXPERT / 40 seconds / speed 3 / 0 degrees / cap OFF.
- Place puff pastry sheets on a lined baking tray and top with the pumpkin mixture, leaving a 4cm boarder. Sprinkle over haloumi, pine nuts and black pepper. Fold pastry edge over, roughly pleating as you go. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden and the pumpkin and pastry is cooked through.
Recipe Credit: www.mycookexpert.com.au