Spelt and Chia Bread
This Spelt and Chia bread is as easy to make as it is delicious. I have made it using the blade that came with my Cook Expert, so if you don't have the XL dough blade (an optional extra), you can still make this yummy bread!
- 440g plain white spelt flour
- 3 tsp dried yeast
- 40g chia seeds
- 20g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 300ml warm water
- Place all ingredients in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 8 minutes / speed 8 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Let the dough rise in thermal bowl. EXPERT / 45-55 minutes / speed 0 / 30 degrees / cap ON, until it has doubled in size. Then run EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 3 / 0 degrees / cap ON to knock back.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place dough in an oiled bread tin. Cover loosely with a piece of plastic wrap (spraying the underside with olive oil spray will stop it sticking to the bread). Rest in a warm place for around 35-40 minutes, or until it has doubled in size. Carefully remove the plastic wrap, and without bumping the tin, place it gently in the oven.
- Bake bread for 28-30 minutes. Bread is cooked when it sounds hollow when “knocked” on top with your fist. Turn out bread immediately and cool before slicing.
Recipe Credit: www.mycookexpert.com.au