Steamed Vanilla Custard with Blueberry Compote
No floury custard here! This is a true custard recipe. No cornflour, just egg yolk to thicken it into a deliciously creamy, silky dessert. The tartness of the blueberry compote pairs beautifully with the sweet and velvety custard.
- 150g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 20g caster sugar
- 350ml milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Place the blueberries and caster sugar in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 4 minutes / speed 3 / 95 degrees / cap ON. Remove and set aside. Clean your thermal bowl.
- Fill your kettle and turn it on. Place milk, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla bean paste in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 3 minutes / speed 8 / 95 degrees / cap ON.
- Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl that will fit in your internal steaming basket (I used a large cereal bowl). Cover with foil. Place bowl in the internal steaming basket.
- Give the thermal bowl a quick rinse. Pour in 500ml of just-boiled water. Insert the internal steaming basket. Run the STEAM program for 30 minutes. Remove carefully and serve hot or cold with the blueberry compote.
Recipe Credit: www.mycookexpert.com.au