Brown Rice & Vegetable Salad Bowl with Miso-Ginger Dressing
The Magimix Cook Expert makes short work of this delicious salad bowl recipe that is full of good-for-you ingredients. It cooks the brown rice and eggs at the same time, then chops up all the veggies in mere seconds!
- 200g brown rice
- 4 eggs
- 170g red capsicum
- 150g red cabbage
- 140g broccoli
- 60g white miso paste
- 40g mirin
- 40g rice wine vinegar
- 30g minced ginger
- 20g soy sauce
- 20g sesame oil
- Pour 1 litre of just-boiled water into the thermal bowl. Add the brown rice. Insert the internal steaming basket and place the eggs in it. EXPERT / 15 minutes / speed 0 / 100 degrees / cap ON.
- Remove the internal steaming basket, place eggs in a bowl of cold water. Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs. Continue cooking the brown rice. EXPERT / 15 minutes / speed 0 / 100 degrees / cap ON. Check that the rice is cooked. Drain rice and set aside.
- Place capsicum, cabbage and broccoli in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 25 seconds / speed 10 / 0 degrees / cap ON, or until chopped to your liking.
- Place miso paste, mirin, rice wine vinegar, minced ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil in the smallest food processor bowl with the small blade attached. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Insert this bowl inside the largest food processor bowl and run the food processor 30 seconds at speed 6.
- Divide brown rice and the chopped vegetables between 4 bowls, top with halved eggs, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with pepitas and sunflower seeds to serve.
Recipe Credit: www.mycookexpert.com.au