Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
A new spin on an old favorite with a few better-for-you ingredients subbed in. If you don't have spelt flour or the fancy sugars, you can always use plain flour and brown sugar. I like using coconut sugar, it gives it a really lovely flavour.
- 70g butter
- 140g milk
- 1 egg
- 120g coconut or rapadura sugar
- 25g cacao powder
- 170g spelt flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 120g coconut or rapadura sugar, extra
- 20g cacao powder, extra
- 450g just-boiled water
- ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan-forced). Oil a 6 cup capacity baking dish.
- Place the thermal bowl on the scales and weigh the butter into it. Run EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 2A / 90 degrees / cap ON to melt the butter.
- Add the milk, egg, sugar and cacao powder. EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 12 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Stop to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add flour and baking powder. EXPERT / 30 seconds / speed 8 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Place a small bowl on the scales and add the extra sugar and extra cacao. Combine well, pressing out any lumps with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over the pudding mix.
- Carefully pour over the just-boiled water, place in oven and bake for around 40-45 minutes, or until cooked. Test with a toothpick or skewer in the center of the pudding. Remove from oven and serve with ice-cream.
Recipe by www.mycookexpert.com.au