Who doesn't love a garlickly basil pesto! It's such a versatile staple to have on hand – mix it through cooked pasta for a speedy dinner, smother a chicken breast in it and bake in the oven, use in place of pizza sauce, spread over toast and top with a perfectly poached egg, or just dip your favourite crackers straight into the jar for an instant and tasty dip. So good. Just remember to mill your own parmesan, don't buy the ready-made-grated kind (eeek!) when your Magimix Cook Expert can do it so much better.
- 100g block parmesan, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- 40g pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place parmesan in thermal bowl. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 18 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Place parmesan, basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and salt in the large food processor bowl. Mix on speed 11 until blended to your desired liking. I like my pesto a little on the chunky side.
- Store in a clean glass jar in the fridge.
Recipe by www.mycookexpert.com.au Click HERE for a video on milling parmesan.